Wednesday, July 5, 2017

I got back to the gym today and had a great workout and feel a zillion times better than yesterday. Now the problem is I am approaching the afternoon where I want to drink beer and I am going to try to refrain! I'm going to plop myself in the pool once I get my kid down for a nap so hopefully that will help! I hate to say this, but I almost want a summer cold to help get me over the hump of going a week or so without beer!

I'm going to write my workout down because it was a good one and killed my upper body! I did chest, shoulder, and triceps.

HIIT to start:
25 sec work/10 sec rest
*****************
T-push ups
Weighted straight jacks
*Repeat 4x*
Mountain Climbers
Squat and press
*Repeat 4x*
DB triceps extensions
Weighted sit ups
 *Repeat 4x*
Squat hold with weighted punch (tried 8 lb dbs and had to drop them)
Incline plyo push ups
*Repeat 4x*

Strength workout
**************
Chest flies 3x10
Superset
   - Incline DB press
   - Front shouler plate raise
Superset
   - Decline bench press
   - Lateral shoulder raises
Superset
   - Skull crushers
   - DB rear delts
3x5 overhead shoulder press (heavier)
Superset
   - Tricep rope extensions (drop set last set)
   - Plank shoulder touches

Finished off with a 20 min incline walk on the treadmill.

Then I went home and ate a lot because this made me hungry! I'm definitely starting to incorporate my body weight stuff into my routine again because I got really good results when I did before and it makes me feel bad ass and it is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment