Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Life Lately.

So I am trying to get into Nursing school. It's super competitive and because of that I have to re-take 3 classes due to a time limit on prerequisites. I also have to take the HESI at some point...and test out of a math class so I need to study for that. I am feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment with 3 classes and having a newborn. I wasn't feeling overwhelmed until my online, PSYCH 101 class started and oh my goodness there is a lot of work for it. I have taken a few online classes and know they are a lot of work, but this one seems excessive. I feel bad because I have been trying to do work for it today and have been ignoring my kid. Also I was getting frustrated with him taking so long to nurse (it wasn't that long, I just have no patience). He's only 5 months old so I CANNOT feel like that. Time management is going to be so important and I am just going to have to find a way to make everything work.

I have an interview to volunteer at a hospital next Tuesday which will also be good for my application. I have volunteered there before in high school and really liked it so I am excited to do it again. Hopefully I can volunteer Tuesday morning before class or on Friday when my mom can watch him. I know I will be able to get everything done that I need to this semester to apply to nursing school, but I am currently stressed out by the sheer volume of everything combined with trying to be a good mom.

How am I handling the feeling of being overwhelmed completely? Well I have had two beers and am typing this up. I know I know, not the best idea. Sometimes I am a completely well-adjusted individual and use working out as my stress relief. Other times I need a beer (or two) and feel a bit of a mess. I'm much better than I used to be though. Also, my baby is napping so give me a break.

In baby news, having a 5 month old is AWESOME! I love the stage he is right now. He laughs, he loves his bouncer, he is good at going to bed, he sleeps until at least 5 am. I really think my kid is perfect (even if he wasn't I would think he was because I love him so much). This is why I feel so bad for ignoring him to do school work today. I don't know if I am just lucky with a great kid or as my mom says, I have a good attitude about it. I don't know, but I know I love him to pieces. I think one problem that new moms have is they expect too much from their baby. We can not expect babies, or children, to act like adults. Heck, I am an adult and sometimes I protest the things I need to do. They get done, but some days I miss playing WoW all day with no responsibility. With having a kid my responsibilities have increased a ton. What with keeping a child alive. That's why on some days like today when I get overwhelmed, I drink beer (or two) in the middle of the day. I shouldn't, but we are not all perfect so shhhhhhhhhhh.


No comments:

Post a Comment