Friday, August 25, 2017

Lentil Coconut Curry

I made a yummy dish yesterday for meal prep and I want to write it down so I don't forget. I'm not great at measuring so it will not be exact but eh...

Ingredients:
1 cup lentils (I used green)
1 can coconut milk
About 2 TBSP red curry paste
1 red onion diced
1 red bell pepper diced
2 gloves garlic minced
Squirt of lemon juice
1 tsp vegetable boullion
1 head of broccoli
Some basil
Extra red pepper and/or curry seasoning to taste

Directions:
1. Add onion, garlic, and red pepper to a pan with some water (could use oil, but I'm avoiding oil, extra salt, and sugar).
2. After a few minutes, add coconut milk, lentils, and curry paste.
3. Add vegetable bouillon and some lemon juice.
4. Cover and cook on med-low heat until lentils are soft. Stir occasionally. Taste occasionally and add extra spice, curry flavor, or salt as desired.
5. Once lentils are almost to desired consistency, add broccoli and basil (I wanted my broccoli still green and crisp so added it later, but it is your preference).
6. Allow to simmer until lentils and broccoli are desired consistency.
7. Serve over rice, noodles, or eat plain.


It was tasty, but would have been improved with a little extra salt. I'm still not completely used to lower-sodium foods (probably because I cheat sometimes), but I am really trying to avoid adding salt if possible. This reheats well. I ate it for breakfast-lunch (at 10 am) with cauliflower rice and I remembered that I am not a huge fan of cauliflower rice and should have made regular rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment