Monday, September 4, 2017

Vegan Broccoli Cheese Soup

I adapted this recipe from High Carb Hannah on YouTube, but I want to write it down so I don't have to keep looking for it! It's really easy, healthy, and low calorie.

Ingredients:
1 potato (russet)
1 head broccoli
1 clove garlic
1/3 yellow onion
2 tsp vegetable bouillon
Chili powder (to taste)
Black pepper (to taste)
1/4 cup nutritional yeast

Directions:
1. Cook the onion and garlic in a pot with a little bit of water to release the flavors (3 min or so)
2. Add in potatoes and bouillon and cover with water.
3. Boil potatoes covered until fork tender.
4. Add in broccoli and boil covered an additional 5 min or until tender.
5. Turn off heat and add chili powder, black pepper, and nutritional yeast.
6. Transfer soup into blender and blend until smooth (or desired consistency).
7. Add any additional seasonings needed and eat over rice or with bread.

It may look gross, but it was delicious!
If I could change anything I would double the recipe! It would be good with a little extra salt, but I'm avoiding that. Especially after binging all weekend! It felt like a good dish to get myself back on track. I haven't exercised since Friday and I've been eating so much pizza. Last night was a BBQ at my cousin's house where I had too many beers and unhealthy food. I've been feeling so great with eating better and this weekend sort of undid that so I am just jumping right back on the healthy-food wagon. I will try to ride my trainer today, but I have a bit of a cold and a lot of school stuff to get working on and that may take priority. I may just try to do 30 minutes, slowly, to get something in! Tomorrow is a 12-hour clinical day so it probably won't happen then.

I realize I need to get a new phone with a better camera or learn how to take better pictures! Seriously though, my camera on my phone is terrible because it is so old.

No comments:

Post a Comment