Friday, September 13, 2013

Let's talk about something. I may or may not have an alcohol problem. I do not drink a lot when I drink, but I drink often. I only drink beer and I only drink beer that I like. That being said, I will drink 2 or 3 beers every night. I know other people that do this and probably never consider it a problem. I, however, have a terrible habit of getting addicted to things. I have poor impulse control and I have problems saying no if I want something. This brings me to tonight. It is Friday night and I am trying not to drink a beer or two or three, but it is difficult. I last drank on Tuesday (again, only 2 beers) but I had also drank just about every day for the whole entire week before. Maybe even two weeks. I just think it may be getting out of control. This brings me to the next issue, going out with friends. All my friends are big beer drinkers (again, not a lot, but we all love it). Tomorrow I am supposed to go to a friend's house where I will want 2 or 3 beers. Now I have my alcohol limit and I am good at sticking to it, but the point is I will probably not say no. I just think if I feel like it is a problem, it probably is a problem.

On another note, I am debating doing a half marathon in December. Running has always been a bit of mental (and physical) torture for me...and this week I have been completely run down and have skipped the gym for 4 days in a row (unheard of for me). I feel my motivation coming back even as I sit here tonight. The thing is if I start to run, I need to run outside and that means my whole workout schedule will be changed. I normally go after work and that is not an option yet living in Tucson, AZ. I'm still debating and while I debate I will do my lifts and run on the treadmill. I do have to admit that taking 4 days off from the gym has felt good. I think my body may have needed it.

One problem I have when I am trying not to drink is that I eat a lot...and I eat terribly. *sigh* I really will need to get back in the gym tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment