Saturday, February 9, 2013

I Wear Makeup at the Gym

Yes, I am an annoying person that wears makeup at the gym. Not a lot, not foundation, but mascara and sometimes eye shadow. I don't care if it gets sweated off, I like to look normal at least when I arrive. This leads to me talk about my day of bench pressing. I despise bench pressing because it is so hard and I feel it's completely unnecessary, but I do it because the person I work out with does it. Anyways, today an old man complimented me on my bench press, "for a woman." Bench pressing makes me feel like Robin from "How I Met Your Mother" in the episode where they all go to the gym. So I wear my makeup to counteract that feeling. I wear makeup during leg day too, because I can squat 150ish lbs and that feels manly. I don't like feeling manly. I was able to do 5 unassisted dips today (which I do at the end of the workout which I will list below) so that was good.

Chest/Shoulder/Triceps Day:

1. Bench Press: warm up set with just the bar. Then 3 sets of 10, ending at 95 lbs (I only got 7).
2. Chest Press: 1 set of 10, 25 lbs. 2 sets of 10 with 30 lbs.
3. Some shoulder crap: Flexion, abduction, bent over fly...I don't know what to call any of it, but I don't like it.
4. Flys supine on a ball: 3 sets of 10. Used the machine and don't remember weight.
5. Military Press: 20 lbs each hand, 3 sets of 10.
6. Skull Crushers: The bar thing with 15lbs added to each side. I don't know what the bar weights (it's not the big 45 lbs one). 3 sets of 10.
7. Triceps with the rope: 3 sets of 10.
8: Dips: 5 unassisted, set of 12 assisted with 40 lbs, set of 10 assisted with 30 pounds. Burn out set, only got six.

Also we started with abs. Also I ran 1.5 miles before we started all that. Saturday and Sunday I am at the gym for awhile. There's a good deal of procrastination going on and also I have a gym buddy that day so we switch off and it takes longer. I like my Saturday routine. Oh and my biceps are starting to show more. They are little, but that line is starting. Woot! Next goal, get abs like this girl below haha. Not going to happen, I eat a crap diet.


No comments:

Post a Comment