Sunday, February 3, 2013

My muscles are ALIVE!

So I don't like starting out new blogs, but I have some fitness goals that I have been working on for the past few months and I want a place to document my progress because I have been making some awesome progress. Let's start from the semi beginning; I've done some triathlons, lots of cycling, but have recently (well in the past 4 months) have started doing some decent strength training.

Today was a leg day and I LOVE leg day! It's hard, yes, but vastly preferable to chest/shoulder/triceps day which kills me.

Leg Workout

1. Squats-4 sets. Warm up set was bar only. Sets were #115, #125, #135, #145.
2. Deadlifts - 3 sets; first 2 were 95 lbs, last set was 105 lbs.
3. Hack Squats- 3 sets, all at 180 lbs.
4. Single leg press on a machine I call the pelvis crusher since it is above you and tried to kill me once. 90 lbs at the end, 3 sets.
5. Calf raises-3 sets plus burnout at the end, 155lbs (my highest yet)
6. 20 minutes of intense cardio on the bike at the end

Then I went to Wildflower with my mom and it was delicious.


In addition to strength training I have been trying to increase my cardio to drop some extraneous flab. I have a wedding to get ready for after all! In all seriousness, weight loss is  not my goal. My goal is to get stronger and more cut. I know for a fact my diet needs work, but I have been working on getting better recently. I have added a protein smoothie to my morning routine (a vast improvement over eating nothing for breakfast) and I have already noticed such a difference in my energy levels and workouts. I am high energy anyways, but the protein smoothie has helped a lot. I also had the flu twice this year so recovering from both of those was slow going, but now I feel better than ever and am on par with my previous weights for everything. My next goal is to continue to add miles to my run. I am finally back at 3 miles after being sick for a month (which ended on me being on strong antibiotics). Anyhoo, this is where I am at. I am going to go try to stretch my hamstrings since deadlifts make it so I can't walk the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment