Thursday, July 16, 2015

I Dislike Scales.

I weighed myself this morning. It's a little discouraging how the weight is not going down anymore. I just expected it all to fall off. They always say it just falls off when you are breastfeeding. Well not for everyone. I have ran into quite a few people who have said "oh you can't even tell you had a baby!" Of course that is nice to hear, but the scale does not reflect it. Not even close.

There are a few things contributing to this problem. One, I'm not working. At work I ran around all day. Now I sit around a lot, especially when I am playing with the kid on his mat. If it wasn't 100 plus degrees in Tucson the obvious solution would be to get outside. Unfortunately, it's summer in Tucson and my kid hates being hot. Two, diet. Everyone always says diet is the most important. My soda addiction is back in full force. I also need to chill on carbs, since I am not running around all day. Three, workouts. I am getting to the gym and doing yoga regularly, but the intensity has not been there. I need to up my cardio for sure.

I always find it easier to set small goals. Especially with diet since diet is what I struggle with. My goal for this week is to cut out soda. For my fitness goal this week, I want to add 20 burpees to my daily routine. So two small goals, easy to manage. I'm fact I just did my burpees. Man are they tough!

No comments:

Post a Comment