Monday, July 13, 2015

Clean Eating? Is it something I can do?

I'm pretty good about eating "real" food. I could do better with it of course, but I have a pretty solid base. Over the next few weeks I am going to work on cleaning up, nip and tuck, my diet to attempt to get to that magic 80/20 ratio of "clean" food to junk food. Let's be real, I love junk food and sometimes I just really want some Goldfish crackers.

There are a few things I need to work on eliminating/substituting for something better:

1) Diet-freaking-Coke! I had successfully broke my soda habit, but it came back with a vengeance once my son was born. I just need to not buy it. I'm almost done with my current supply. Then no more, I swear, I promise!

2)  Corn tortillas (Mission brand). I need to find a brand with a few less ingredients. That being said, I am not too concerned with this.

3) Cheese: I have a huge bag of pre-shredded, monteray jack cheese that I use because it is so easy. Pre-shredded cheeses are a no-no.

4) My vietnamese, instant coffee mix. I am addicted to the stuff. I buy it at the asian market in town. However, it would not be considered a clean drink. I need to go back to regular coffee with a splash of almond milk.

5) Bread. Every day for lunch I eat a tuna fish sandwich. I love sandwiches. I eat whole grain bread from Oro Wheat, but need to search for something else. I had heard Ezekiel bread is a good alternative.

6) Mayonnaise: For my daily tuna fish sandwich. I know I could make my own, but heard it is very hard to find pasturized eggs. I was considering substituting plain, greek yogurt or just finding the most healthy pre-made mayo I can. Or I could eat something else for lunch for once...

Basically I have a few substitutions I need to make. I do refuse to substitute my Heinz ketchup. Moderation. Maybe I will drag the kid to Sprouts today for some grocery shopping.

On the kid front, he has learned how to blow raspberries and it is hilarious.


No comments:

Post a Comment