Sunday, June 9, 2013

Lack of Motivation



I'm having trouble getting motivated today to go to the gym. Sunday is leg day, and I thoroughly enjoy leg day, but today I am just tired. Now the question is, how do I convince myself to go when I do not want to? Fortunately, I am very good at talking myself into getting to the gym. The first thing I will do is get a good breakfast in my system. If I'm tired like this, it usually means I need something healthy to eat with a good amount of protein. Also, coffee and a lot of water helps. The second way to get myself there is to just throw on my workout spandex and go before my brain has a chance to make excuses. The third is knowing I have people expecting me to do and I cannot be the "lazy" one that makes excuses. The fourth thing I will do (which I try not to do often) is use the reward system. I don't think this is that practical very often because being healthy is reward in and of itself  BUT some days I just offer myself something extra if I make it to the gym.

On that note, there are a few pieces from modcloth that I really want to purchase.
Allure of the Arboretum Earrings
I think there earrings are just adorable!
Dear to Me Top

I love bows so I am obsessed with this shirt!

I do need to look at new swim suits because I am going to San Diego in a few weeks! I am so excited to go! Chris and I are going alone, which will be nice for some private time together. 

Okay, time for some breakfast and working on dragging myself to the gym. I think part of the issue is that I would rather do something different other than legs today. Something more dynamic, more fun....however, my hamstrings do need some love.

No comments:

Post a Comment